Creating the frosting from Martha Stewart paint- no I don't get paid to write that.
See that sphere to the right? I was going to remake the flower hamburger (remember that whole catastrophe?), but didn't have time. These cakes took two days.
I used wilted campanula. We had to wire every single petal to insert it. We also painted some of the wires.
What's Kristine laughing about? Probably the fact that we were in a fishbowl being observed, but you know how much I like being watching! I guess that makes me a voyeur? Or exhibitionist?
Voila! Lauren's is so clean.
The best pic we got! Arg! We may remake them for better photos. When I stopped by CCCW today, hers were in pristine condition!
We used campanula, strawflower, hypericum (coffee bean), amaranthus.
Strawflower, spray roses, peony petals, china mum petals, hypericum.
So this one was great, but man were those swirls challenging.
We used curyly willow, dusty miller painted gold, tuberose, china mum petals.
The theme was Marie Antoinette and Lauren did an awesome job creating these inspired cakes. Too bad we couldn't eat either of them! She did bring a bomb-ass chocolate raspberry cake that was so so so good. We had leftovers and each night I'd come home from Royal/T I'd shove a giant piece in my mouth, leading to a sugar coma, and then couch.